Why are Service Parts so Difficult to Source in the Off-Highway Vehicle Market?
There are several reasons why service parts can be difficult to source in the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) market:
- Complexity of parts: Many OHV parts are complex and require specialized expertise to manufacture, which can make it difficult for suppliers to produce them quickly and cost-effectively.
- Low volume production: Many OHV parts are produced in low volumes, which can make it difficult for suppliers to justify the investment required to manufacture them.
- Long lead times: Many OHV parts have long lead times due to their complex manufacturing processes and limited availability of raw materials, which can make it difficult for suppliers to keep up with demand.
- Product obsolescence: Many OHV manufacturers frequently update their product lines, which can make it difficult for suppliers to keep up with demand for service parts for older models.
- Limited supplier base: The OHV market often has a limited number of suppliers for specific parts, which can make it difficult for buyers to find alternative sources if their primary supplier is unable to meet their needs.
These factors can make it challenging for OHV manufacturers to source service parts quickly and cost-effectively, which can lead to longer lead times, higher costs, and potential downtime for customers. As a result, many OHV manufacturers are exploring alternative supply chain strategies, such as partnering with contract manufacturers or licensing agreements, to help alleviate these challenges and improve supply chain efficiency.
QCC is here to help #qccllc #leanmanufacturing #outsourcemanufacturing